Get Started With Hitch Cargo Racks
To select the Hitch Mounted Cargo Rack that best fits your needs, please follow the steps listed below. Stowaway2 Hitch Cargo Racks come with many features and options. We hope this guide makes everything easy for you.
1. Choose The Correct Hitch Cargo Rack Frame Type
You have 3 choices in Stowaway2 Hitch Cargo Rack Frames: basic fixed frame, raised fixed frame, and swing away frame. The swing away frames are most often used on SUVs and other vehicles that require access to a rear lift door. The fixed frames are most often used on RVs and other vehicles where rear access is not important. The basic fixed frame can be used on vehicles whose hitch receiver is far off the ground.
2. Choose The Desired Accessory Package
Basic Hitch Cargo Racks - The Basic Fixed Hitch Cargo Rack comes with the basic fixed frame. It is the least expensive of all of the Cargo Carriers.
Plus Accessory Package - This accessory package includes a Locking Hitch Pin and a Cargo Net. The Plus Package goes with a swing away or fixed frame. Look for the word "Plus" in the product name to identify that this accessory package is included.
Total Package - This accessory package includes a Locking Hitch Pin, a Cargo Net, and a Cargo Storage Bag. The Total Package goes with a swing away or fixed frame. Look for the word "Total" in the product name to identify that this accessory package is included.
Grill Package - This accessory package includes a Locking Hitch Pin, a Cargo Net, and a Grill Platform. The Grill Package goes with a swing away or fixed frame. Look for the word "Grill" in the product name to identify that this accessory package is included.
3. Choose Additional StowAway2 Accesories
Besides the accessory packages listed above, StowAway2 Hitch Mounted Cargo Racks have many other available accessories. Please click to see the full number of Hitch Cargo Rack Accessories. All of the StowAway Hitch Cargo Racks come with a Tightening Hitch Coupler to prevent any wobble in your hitch receiver.
4. Consider Any Clearance Issues
Please be sure to include your vehicle's Year/Make/Model when ordering. We will double check that the chosen Hitch Mounted Cargo Rack will have the correct clearance on your vehicle. If you are planning to use your Cargo Rack on more than one vehicle, please let us know and we will ensure a proper fit for all of them. If you want to look into the clearance yourself, please check out our two informational pages to learn more: Hitch Mounted Cargo Rack Clearance Guide and Cargo Rack Tailgate Clearance Guide.
The Valley Hitch Mount Cargo Racks are a lower cost alternative to the Stowaway 2 Hitch Cargo Racks. While they don't swing away, the folding feature of the racks is very convenient and affordable.
Choose between Standard and Deluxe Cargo Racks:
The Standard Rack features steel construction, an expanded mesh floor, black powder coated finish, and the folding shank to let the carrier fold up against the vehicle when not in use.
The Deluxe Rack features tubular steel construction, an expanded mesh floor, black powder coated finish, and the option of a folding shank or a raised fixed frame for extra ground clearance.
Don't forget to choose from the Valley accessory items to make securing your gear easy. We offer a cargo net and a canvas storage bag. None of the Valley Hitch Cargo Carriers come with a locking hitch pin, but you can purchase one as an accessory item.
- Product Categories
- Advanced Search
- Contact Us
- Warranty Info
- Product Guides
- Shipping Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Return Request Form
- Lakeland Gear Blog
- Get Started with Bike Racks
- Get Started With Hitch Mounted Bike Racks
- Get Started With Roof Top Bike Racks
- Get Started With Trunk & Hatchback Bike Racks
- About Inno Bike Racks
- About Rhino Rack Bike Racks
- About Softride Bike Racks
- About Swagman Bike Racks
- About Thule Bike Racks
- About Yakima Bike Racks
- Hollywood Fit Guide
- Camp Chairs
- Camping Tents
- Canoe & Kayak Racks
- Car Back Carriers
- Car Top Cargo Boxes
Car Top Carrier Bags
- Get Started With Car Top Carrier Bags
- Pick the Right Cargo Carrier
- Rightline Gear Car Top Carrier Features
- Car Top Carrier Bag Comparison Guide
- Car Top Carrier Capacity Guide
Car Top Carrier Bag Fit Guide
- Rightline Gear Sport Car Top Carrier Fit Guide
- Rightline Gear Ace And Edge Car Top Carrier Bag Fit Guide
- Advantage and Lund Car Carrier Fit Guide
- Highland Roof Cargo Carrier Fit Guide
- Rola Luggage Carrier Fit Guide
- Sherpa Car Top Luggage Carrier Fit Guide
- Thule Cargo Bag Fit Guide
- Yakima Roof Top Carrier Fit Guide
- Sport Car Top Carrier Set Up Guide
- Car Clips Set Up Guide
- Car Top Carriers Rental Policy
- How to Clean Your Car Top Carrier
- Hitch Cargo Carriers
- Warranty Information
- Lakeland Travel Tips
- Party King Hitch Mounted Grills FAQ
- Party King Grills Features
- Frozen Concoction Maker FAQ
- Rightline Gear Security Cable Lock Instructions
- Pet Net Sizing Guides
- Pelican Perch Hammock Chair FAQ
- Lakeland Links: Visit Our Friends & Partners
- Roof Basket Racks
- Roof Rack Systems
- Sleep Gear Info
- Truck Bed Air Mattresses
- Get Started With Truck Tents
- Rightline Gear Truck Tent Set Up Guide
- Camp Right Truck Tent Sizing Guide
- Camp Right Truck Tent Features
- No Truck Tents Available
- SUV Tent Set Up Guide
- DAC Truck Cap Tent Sizing Guide
- Softopper Truck Camper Shells FAQs
- SoftToppers vs. Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers
- Cascadia Roof Top Tent FAQ
- Tepui Roof Top Tent FAQ